Sr. Benefits Administrator - US-IL-Northbrook
Job ID: 5936
Functional Area: Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Posting Date: Feb 13, 2013
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Research, analyze, plan and administer corporate benefit programs in a manner supporting company culture and ensuring policy and statutory compliance with governing agencies.Determine administrative procedures, recordkeeping and employee communication needs.
• Provide technical research, answer employee questions regarding interpretation of benefit policies, review disputes and appeals, and complete third party requests.Work with carriers and providers in monitoring systems and administration of plans, and assist employees with problem resolution.
• Prepare, review and obtain necessary documentation for qualified plans’ IRS and ERISA mandated submissions and employee communications, including (but not limited to): IRS Annual Return – Form 5500, Summary Annual Reports (SARs), Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), and Summary of Material Modifications (SMMs).
• Develop and coordinate communications for HR Managers and team members, such as: Annual Enrollment materials, Team Member Hand-book, Company Newsletter, etc…Including the facilitation and coordi-nation of train-the-trainer sessions, employee meetings, education se-minars, acquisition integration meetings, etc…
• Weekly and Monthly processing and reconciliation of employee contri-butions, loan repayments and other transactions relating to the daily administration of the Stericycle 401(k) Plan.Provide funding schedules to Finance as well as resolve any issues with record-keeper, HRIS/Payroll, and Finance departments.
• Process and track monthly expenses for Corporate Benefits Depart-ment.
• Develop and maintain the knowledge and skills necessary to perform position responsibilities.Stay abreast of current trends and regulatory issues surrounding benefit plan design, administration and compliance.
• Lead routine and special projects including (but not limited to) Annual Enrollment, Renewals, RFPs, Benefit Plan Design Changes, and Acquisi-tion (Due Diligence, Integration, and Post Integration).
• Maintain monthly scorecard statistics as established by Director.
• Strive to continuously improve all functions, responsibilities and activi-ties of position description.Support and/or participate in Continuous Improvement Team activities.
• Perform other related duties as required or requested including, but not limited to:
• Keep Director, Corporate Benefits informed of all pertinent mat-ters related to position responsibilities.
• Act as a liaison with third parties and insurance carriers to obtain information, settlements, claims and utilization data.
• Maintain effective working relationships, both internal and external of the organization.
• Distributes work to support staff, as well as HR team members who support various areas.
Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business, or the equivalent in related work experience, with excellent knowledge of COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, and HIPPA.
Five or more years of Human Resource experience, with emphasis in Benefits, demon-strating general knowledge HRIS Systems.
Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.Experience working with HRIS/Payroll systems preferred.
Experience in administration, compliance and regulatory aspects of Health, Dental, Life, ADD, Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Away from Work, Voluntary Benefits, 401(k), and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Stericycle is an EEO Affirmative Action employer.